This vegan and easy Avocado Basil Cream Pasta recipe is perfect for the summer. It’s quick to prepare, served cold and with fresh avocado, basil, and tomatoes.
Cold pasta is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer (besides the usual suspects of ice cream and popsicles but you know, real food-meals). With freshly harvested basil and cherry tomatoes, this dish is my personal little ode to summer produce.
Avocados are the perfect base for creamy sauces. For this green sauce, I’ve added avocados, basil, lime juice, salt, garlic in a food processor and added water to thin it out. No added oil.
To make it gluten-free, you can simply use gluten-free pasta. And to make it low-carb, you can use spiralized zucchini instead of regular pasta (if you need more instructions on how to make zucchini pasta, check out my raw & vegan Zucchini Pasta with avocado sauce recipe).
And because this creamy Avocado Basil Cream Pasta is best served cold, it’s also a great meal to put in a mason jar or lunch box and take to work, university, beach or wherever you’re heading.
More delicious vegan pasta recipes you will love!
- Vegan & gluten-free Mushroom Bolognese
- Quick Date Night Pasta with asparagus
- Easy Tomato Olive Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta with Almond Feta
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Avocado Basil Cream Pasta
- 2 1/2 cups farfalle pasta /bow-tie pasta
- 2 avocados pitted and peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove peeled
- 1/4 cup olives pitted and halved
- 6 cherry tomatoes cubed
- Boil the pasta.
- Meanwhile, add the avocados, basil, lime juice, salt, water, and garlic clove in a food processor and pulse until it’s a creamy sauce. You may have to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Once the noodles are soft, drain them and put them back in the pot.
- Pour over the avocado sauce and give it a good mix.
- Taste and add more salt & lime juice to taste.
- Divide the Avocado Pasta onto two plates and top it with olives and tomatoes. Enjoy!
Thursday 22nd of August 2019
Can you freeze the avocado cream? I doubled the recipe thinking I needed more and now I am left with too much cream. :(
Monday 24th of June 2019
This looks great but too high in fat for me. Could I sub blended tofu for an avocado?
Friday 17th of August 2018
This may be a stupid question, but, what kind of olives?
Thursday 23rd of August 2018
I used Green Manzanilla olives but you can use your favorite ones! :)
Natalie | Feasting on Fruit
Wednesday 19th of July 2017
This is totally the kind of sauce that immediately makes me think of zoodles, but sometimes a big bowl of chilled bowties hits the spot like raw veg just never will regardless of it's noodle-esque shape. It looks beautiful and absolutely summer perfect. I think I've consumed more avocados this summer than any other and I do not plan on stopping anytime soon, so this is the perfect sauce for me :)
Friday 21st of July 2017
I think so too. Zoodles are great.. for a change. But not for a permanent substitution :D Sometimes a girl just needs pasta. Oh I wish I could say the same about my avocado consumption, I definitely have to buy more avos - oh no, all that avocado talk gave me a serious craving for guacamole! :P