Carrot Bolognese is one of my favorite easy, no-fuss meals! You only need a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes of time!
I’m going to start this post with 5 reasons why this carrot bolognese sauce won my heart (and will win yours too!):
- It’s SO easy. Boil pasta. Add onions, garlic, and carrots in a food processor. Blitz it up. Cook the veggies until softened, add tomato sauce, herbs, spices, the pasta. Stir & serve.
- You don’t need a lot of ingredients. And by a lot, I also mean you don’t need fresh ingredients except carrots, onion, and garlic, which I always have a home anyways.
- It’s super versatile, not only can you add different veggies (mushrooms? zucchini? kale?) but you can serve the sauce with pasta, use it in lasagne, or as a dip for tortilla chips!
- It’s actually healthy! Usually my “ugggghhh-I-don’t-wanna-cook-but-need-to-eat-something”-meals aren’t the healthiest ones. This one is a nice change!
- It’s SO fast! You could make the sauce while the pasta is cooking (so this whole meal can be ready in 15 minutes) but I usually use the same pot for the sauce in which I made the pasta in (fewer dishes), then it will take about 20 minutes. Which is also faster than getting food delivered.
How to make Carrot Bolognese
You will need:
- onion (red/white/whatever you have at home)
- tomato purée/passata
- fresh oregano
- olive oil
The Basic Steps
Step 1: Boil the pasta. Bonus points for whole wheat pasta!
Step 2: Add the carrots, onion, and garlic cloves to your food processor.
Step 3: Blitz them up.
Step 4: Add the veggies to a pot with olive oil (you can use the pasta pot after the pasta is cooked or another pot) and let them cook on medium to high heat until the carrots are soft.
Step 5: Reduce the heat and add the tomato purée/passata, salt, and oregano.
Step 6: Add the cooked pasta.
Step 7: Stir to combine. Heat it up until everything is warm!
Sprinkle the pasta with nutritional yeast flakes! <3
This is it! Delicious, healthy Carrot Bolognese.
More Delicious Vegan Pasta Recipes
- 30+ Vegan Pasta Recipes
- Gluten-Free Mushroom Bolognese
- Quick Date Night Pasta with asparagus
- Easy Tomato Olive Pasta
- Avocado Basil Cream Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta with Almond Feta
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this carrot bolognese recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
- 1 cup penne pasta (you can use whole wheat; gluten-free, whatever!)
- 2 small carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion (I used a red onion)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato purée / passata
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- Boil the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Add the carrots, garlic cloves and onion to a food processor and chop until smallish. Add the chopped veggies to a large pot with olive oil on medium to high heat and let them cook until the veggies are softened.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomato purée/passata, salt, and fresh oregano. Add more salt to taste.
- Add the pasta to the sauce. Stir. Heat it up until everything is warm. Serve and sprinkle the pasta with nutritional yeast.