Chocolate and Peanut Butter is a match made in heaven. And these vegan Peanut Butter Brownies are just what you need right now!
Brownies are nice and all. But brownies with peanut butter swirls and chocolate chunks is where it’s at!
Of course, you can use the brownie recipe as a base and add your favorite mix-ins or toppings such as different fruits (raspberries, cherries), nuts (walnuts? pistachios?) or add swirls on top (tahini?).
To make a smaller batch of brownies, I’ve baked these brownies in a loaf pan because I never know what to do with so many brownies!
If you want to use a regular-sized brownie pan, double the recipe! Enter ’16 servings’ in the recipe card below and it will double all the ingredients for you.
How to make Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
- cocoa powder
- white sugar
- baking powder
- plant-based milk (e.g. oat milk)
- plant-based oil (e.g. coconut oil)
- peanut butter
- chocolate chunks
The basic steps
Step 1: Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder. Whisk.
Step 2: Add in the applesauce, plant-based milk, and oil.
Step 3: Whisk.
Step 4: Add in chocolate chunks.
Step 5: Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Add peanut butter, make swirls and add a few more chocolate chunks.
Step 6: Bake at 400°F/200°C for 20 minutes. You can test the brownies with a wooden toothpick if they are baked all the way through.
Step 7: Let them cool off a bit before slicing them.
More delicious Chocolate & Peanut Butter Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these vegan peanut butter brownies as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (e.g. oat milk)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (smooth, unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks + a few more for the top
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- For the brownie batter, mix the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the applesauce, plant-based milk, and coconut oil. Whisk until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the brownie batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Add the peanut butter and make some swirls. Add a couple more chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 20 minutes until the top is crackly and a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool off, then cut them into 6 pieces and serve!