This delicious vegan crumb cake with fresh peaches is easy to make and perfect for the summer! You can even sub the peaches for pretty much any fruit!
What I love about this cake is:
- it’s super versatile. You can use pretty much any fruit – I’ve made this cake with blueberries, rhubarb, plums, and pears and they all turned out amazing.
- it’s crunchy. it’s soft. it’s heaven. the streusel/crumbs add such a nice crunchy texture to the soft cake and it makes it look so fancy although it’s really easy to make.
- it’s super quick. 15 minutes of mixing together the batter and making the crumbs, 25 minutes of baking. cake ready.
How to make Vegan Peach Crumb Cake
You will need:
- all-purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut oil
- apple cider vinegar
- plant-based milk
- vegan butter
The basic steps
More vegan cake recipes you will enjoy
- Plum Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- Carrot Cake Blondies with chocolate chips
- Rhubarb Crumble Cake
- Chocolate Lovers Cake
- Summer Strawberry Cake
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this vegan peach crumb cake as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan Peach Crumb Cake
- 3 peaches
Ingredients for the batter
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk (oat milk)
Ingredients for the crumb layer
- 1/3 cup cold vegan butter (EarthBalance, Alsan,…)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Wash the peaches, half them, remove the pit, and cut into slices.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- For the batter: In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk. Add the oil, apple cider vinegar, and plant-based milk. Whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- For the crumb layer: Put the cold butter, all-purpose flour, and sugar in a bowl, mix and knead with your hands until crumbly.
- Place parchment paper into the baking pan. Pour in the cake batter, place the peach slices on the cake batter and press them down a bit. Sprinkle the crumbs on top.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about about 25 minutes. When the crumble is nice and golden, your cake should be ready.