It’s the cheat version for Vegan Lemon Cheesecake – using Oreos as a base and Alpro’s Cremoso “Lemon Cheesecake” as the filling.
Spoiler Alert: This recipe is not healthy! And it’s not sophisticated baking but it’s awesome and it’s super easy to make! It tastes like real Lemon Cheesecake. Over the last years I’ve tried my hands on some vegan cheesecake recipes – mostly with tofu fillings – but was rather unhappy with how they turned out. But this – 3 ingredient cheesecake recipe – is that easy and awesome – I really consider it cheating :)
It was actually a good friend (Hi Andi! :P) who asked me if I’ve tried an Oreo-Cremoso-Cheesecake yet. I loved the idea and was really happy with how it turned out so I had to share it with you guys!
For this recipe only three ingredients are needed: Alpro’s Cremoso “Lemon Cheesecake” (this product may not be available in all countries yet; it’s rather new but I’ve found it in many supermarkets in Austria); Oreos (make sure they’re vegan in your country as they may use different ingredients across the globe) and coconut oil. That’s all! Could it be any easier?
The Oreos & coconut oil combination makes the perfect base and Alpro’s Cremoso “Lemon Cheescake” is a great fit for the filling. It tastes like Lemon Cheesecake as it is, so no additional ingredients are needed.
Vegan Lemon Cheesecake (Cheat version)
- 16 Oreos (make sure they're vegan in your country!)
- 1 jar Alpro Cremoso "Lemon Cheesecake"
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil , melted
- Preheat oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Put the Oreos in a food processor and chop until crumbly, add in the melted coconut oil and chop again.
- Fill the cheesecake base in oven-safe dishes and flatten it with a spoon.
- Pour in the Alpro Cremoso filling and place the cheesecake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until it starts to get nice brown spots on the surface.
- Let it cool off completely and place it in the fridge for a 3-4 hours before eating.
Should you decide to give the cheesecake a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^