Recipe for vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes. They are the perfect festive treat for the holidays! Easy to make and so delicious!
These vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes are the perfect festive treat for the holidays. I’ve added cinnamon & ginger powder into the muffin base and into the cream, plus they are topped with gingerbread crumbles. For the gingerbread sprinkles, you can either use store-bought vegan gingerbread or you can make your own gingerbread cookies first.
These cupcakes are the perfect gift for friends, family or colleagues. Super christmas-y and so easy to make!
- 1 1/4 cup / 150g all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup / 80g granulated white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon / 5g baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon / 2g baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon / 15g coconut oil , melted
- 2/3 cup / 160g almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon / 3g coconut vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon / 1g vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 360°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the muffins, whisk, then add all the wet ingredients and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter in muffin wrappers or use a lightly oiled muffin pan and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes. (Use the Toothpick Method to make sure the dough is done in the middle.)
- Let them cool off completely.
- Whip the coconut cream and add in the rice syrup, cinnamon and ginger powder. Put the cream in a piping bag and pipe them onto the muffins. Crumble up a gingerbread cookie and sprinkle it over the cream. Serve immediately or store the cupcakes in the fridge.
Should you decide to give these festive vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes recipe a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3