These vegan Chocolate Waffles will help you sneak chocolate into breakfast! They’re topped with almond butter, maple syrup, bananas, and shaved chocolate.
It’s time to grab that waffle iron that is sitting at the very back of your pantry because we’re making some delish chocolate waffles now! And the best part? We’re topping them with EVERYTHING. I’ve added white almond butter, maple syrup, shaved chocolate and even used a mini cookie cutter to cut out banana hearts! Kawaii!
How to make Vegan Chocolate Waffles
You will need:
- 1 ripe banana
- almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- maple syrup
- canola oil (or any neutral plant-based oil)
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- cocoa powder
I’ve topped them with white almond butter, maple syrup, banana slices cut into hearts, and shaved chocolate.
The basic steps
Step 1: Mash the banana. Then add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and oil. Whisk.
Step 2: Let’s add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cocoa powder.
Step 3: Stir.
Step 4: Spray your waffle iron with oil and add the batter. Let the waffles cook until there’s no more steam coming out of the waffle iron. Carefully open and remove the waffles from the iron. Repeat until you’ve used up all your batter.
Can you tell that I am obsessed with toppings? I’ve added white almond butter, maple syrup, and shaved chocolate on top. Oh, and I used a mini cookie cutter to make heart-shaped banana slices! #justfoodbloggerthings
More Vegan Waffle Recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy these waffles as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if they are worth a try!
Vegan Chocolate Waffles
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk or any plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup *
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder dutch-processed
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and oil. Give it a quick whisk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder to the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated.
- Heat up the waffle iron and spray it with oil to avoid the batter sticking to the iron. Add an ice cream scoop or a small ladle of batter*. Let it cook until there's no more steam coming out of the waffle iron. Carefully remove the waffles from the iron, and repeat until you've used up all the batter.
- Serve the chocolate waffles with lots of toppings! I've used white almond butter, maple syrup, shaved chocolate, and banana slices.