Vegan Chai Waffles – without eggs or dairy – but 100% flavorful. With cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and all the typical chai spices!
When the whole kitchen smells like Christmas – it’s either Christmas or Chai Waffles are in the making. I definitely prefer the latter. For me, Christmas means work (buying presents, planning to visit relatives, baking cookies), while Chai Waffles mean enjoying one of my favorite sweet breakfasts. That’s not a hard choice.
Oh and you know what goes great with Chai Waffles? Chai :D Is there are a thing like chai overkill? I don’t think so. This is the perfect breakfast for weekends or if you need a sweet breakfast treat on cold fall or winter days.
For these vegan Chai Waffles, I’ve made my own chai spice mix consisting of
- vanilla bean powder
You can either use ground spices or grind them into a fine powder in a mortar.
Vegan Chai Waffles
Ingredients for the Waffles
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/8 teaspoon clove powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil liquid
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk e.g. unsweetened rice coconut milk
- nonstick cooking spray for the waffle iron
- maple syrup for drizzling on top
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and spices in a mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and rice milk and whisk until combined. It should be a thick, sticky batter.
- Heat the waffle iron and spray it generously with the oil, so that the waffles don’t stick to the iron later and add about 1/3 of the waffle batter for each waffle. Depending on the waffle iron, you might end up with more or less waffles. Let it cook in the iron until slightly brown on the edges. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Drizzle the vegan Chai Waffles with maple syrup before serving and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan Chai Waffles? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see them :)