This is your traditional Chocolate Pudding, but made vegan! You will only need basic 4 ingredients and 5 minutes.
I used to love pudding when I was a child, and then had a long pudding-free time and now I’m slowly getting into pudding again!
What I love about this pudding recipe:
- it’s so basic. 4 ingredients.
- it’s a traditional recipe. No avocados. No aquafaba. No experiments.
- it’s so quick. It’s done in 5 minutes.
- it’s not too sweet. But you can, of course, make it as sweet as you want.
Yes, you can use store-bought pudding powder mixes but I don’t really see the point when it’s so easy to make it from scratch. All you need is cornstarch, cocoa powder, and sugar. And then plant-based milk.
Cornstarch is a great pantry staple to have anyway because it also helps to make really crispy tofu when you coat it.
Pour the pudding into pretty glasses, top it with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Bam, that’s a fancy pudding right there!
How to make this easy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
As always you will find the whole recipe with measurements in the recipe box below but I want to give you an overview of the key ingredients and basic steps first.
Key Ingredients & Possible Substitutions
You will need:
- plant-based milk (I am using soy milk for this one, but you can also use oat, almond, rice, hazelnut (although it will have a stronger hazelnut flavor), cashew, … or whatever you have at home!)
- cornstarch (This is the main ingredient in this recipe because it will thicken the pudding)
- cocoa powder (I am using dutch-processed cocoa powder for baking)
- white, granulated sugar
The basic steps
More delicious vegan recipes with chocolate
- Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates
- Peanut Butter Nice Cream with Magic Chocolate Shell
- Vegan Chocolate Pralines
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Aquafaba
- 20+ Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this vegan chocolate pudding as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups plant-based milk e.g. soy milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- vegan whipped cream
- shaved chocolate
- Add the cornstarch, cocoa powder, and sugar to a small pot. Whisk.
- Then add 1/4 cup of milk and whisk until it’s completely incorporated and smooth, without lumps.
- Bring the heat to medium to high, add the rest of the milk. Bring it to a boil for at least 3 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Then fill the chocolate pudding into glasses. And let it chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Then you can top it with vegan whipped cream and shaved chocolate, or berries, or nut butters, and enjoy!