These Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates are a healthy treat that DO NOT taste healthy at all! You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and a couple of minutes to make them.
When you have to hide the treat from yourself, then you know you’ve created a monster. These Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates are no joke. They are addictive! Thankfully, they are super easy and quick to make.
Never, ever would you guess that these are actually healthy – or at least pretty healthy. I don’t know what your definition of healthy is. They are healthy enough for me!
Over the last couple of years, I’ve made it my mission to find the best dates out there. I’ve never been a fan of dates until I found soft sukari dates. They are a life changer! They taste like caramel. They should be forbidden, really.
I’ve stuffed the dates with almond butter and roasted & salted peanuts, then coated them in chocolate and sprinkled crushed peanuts on top. I’m not even going to tell you how good they are, you just have to try them out for yourself.
How to make Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates
You can find the whole recipe below in the box, but I want to share with you the ingredients and basic steps first to give you an overview!
You will need:
- dates – I am using soft sukari dates because they are the best!
- almond butter – I use almond butter made from 100% roasted almonds – no additives, sugar, salt etc.
- roasted & salted peanuts – I just love the salty component, but you can also use regular peanuts
- chocolate – I am using dark 65% couverture chocolate. You can also use chocolate chips or regular baking chocolate but then I recommend adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to thin it out.
The basic steps
More delicious vegan recipes with dates
- Date-Sweetened Vegan Eggnog
- Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes with Date Syrup
- Vegan Date-Sweetened BBQ Sauce
- Date-Sweetened Hazelnut Milk
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these vegan Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on new recipes, sign up for my weekly newsletter, join me on Instagram and Facebook.
Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates
- 15 dates soft sukari are the best!
- 7 1/2 teaspoons almond butter dark from roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup peanuts roasted and salted
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate couverture * see notes
- Put a tablespoon of the peanuts in a food processor or blender or chop with a knife to make crushed peanuts. We are going to sprinkle these on top at the very end.
- Slice the dates open, remove the pit. Stuff them with 1/2 teaspoon of almond butter and 2-3 peanuts each.
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave) until melted. And coat the dates one after another. The easiest way is to use tongs for this. Then add them onto a board covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the stuffed dates with the crushed peanuts and put them in the fridge for 20 minutes until the chocolate has set. And enjoy!