What if I told you that you can make your own vegan chocolate pralines filled with almond butter just by whisking ingredients together? No heat, no double boiler, no microwave. And you’ll only need 4 ingredients! This is pure magic.
Okay, listen up: These vegan chocolate pralines filled with almond butter are life-changing! I’m telling you! They are super easy to make (you only have to whisk ingredients together – that’s all!) and so delicious!
The Ingredients for the Vegan Chocolate Pralines
The ingredients are quite basic (pantry staples for me!):
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- cocoa powder
- and for the filling: almond butter, maple syrup again and water
Unlike many other chocolate recipes, this recipe DOES NOT call for a double boiler, microwave, thermometer for tempering chocolate, cocoa butter, a lot of time or patience.
Instead, you’ll need the ingredients mentioned above (there’s a detailed recipe at the end of the post), a praline mold, a whisk, and a freezer. Super easy!
Vegan Chocolate Praline Variations
Of course, you can play around with different kinds of filling, add-ins or make them plain with no filling. Here are a few more inspirations:
- peanut butter filling
- coconut flakes
- puffed quinoa or rice for a crispy add in
- raspberry sauce
The chocolate pralines do melt faster than regular chocolate (because we’re not tempering the chocolate). So keep them in the freezer! That way you’ll always have a cold and refreshing chocolate treat when the chocolate cravings strike!
Vegan Chocolate Pralines
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Almond Butter Filling
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (I used white almond butter made from blanched almonds)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water *
- Whisk together coconut oil and maple syrup. Sift the cocoa powder before adding it to the coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Add a small dollop of chocolate into praline molds and spread to the sides. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- For the filling, whisk the almond butter, maple syrup, and water until smooth. Once the chocolate has set in the praline mold, add a small dollop of almond butter filling into each one. Then top with the remaining chocolate. Use the back of a knife to flatten the chocolate and to remove chocolate spillovers on the mold.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours! After that, you can remove the chocolates from the praline mold. And dig in! But keep leftover chocolate pralines in the freezer because they melt faster than regular chocolate.
Did you make these vegan Chocolate Pralines? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3