This vegan and gluten-free Matcha Cinnamon Chia Pudding is perfect for breakfast! It fills you for hours without making you feel super stuffed.
This Matcha Cinnamon Chia Pudding is vegan, gluten-free, and sweetened with maple syrup. It can be made the day ahead and is therefore an excellent breakfast idea when you don’t have a lot of time in the mornings or you tend to oversleep.
The 2-layered Matcha Cinnamon Chia Pudding is not only pretty to look at, but also yummy and it keeps me full the whole morning until lunch. It’s a great post-yoga/workout treat as well!
The basic formula for Chia Puddings
I’ve found the perfect ratio to be:
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
You can add any kind of spices or flavors (cinnamon, cardamom, cocoa,..) or fruits into the mixture!
More Chia Pudding Inspiration
Want more sweet or savory breakfast ideas? Have a look at my collection of 12 vegan breakfast recipes.
Matcha Cinnamon Chia Pudding
Matcha Chia Seed Pudding Layer
Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding Layer
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk – I used unsweetened rice coconut milk again
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- For the matcha chia seed pudding layer, combine the plant-based milk, matcha powder, and maple syrup in a bowl. Whisk together. Add the chia seeds and give it another whisk.
- For the cinnamon chia seed pudding layer, combine the plant-based milk, cinnamon powder and maple syrup in another bowl. Whisk together. Add the chia seeds. Give it another whisk. Store both containers in the fridge for 5-8 hours or overnight to thicken. (I usually prepare the chia pudding the day ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight.)
- Then spoon the matcha layer into a glass jar, and add the cinnamon layer on top. Enjoy!