These vegan Breakfast Tacos filled with lettuce, tofu scramble, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, mayo, fresh tomatoes, and cilantro are the perfect savory breakfast treat!
Lately, I’ve been living off wraps, burritos, and tacos. For lunch. For dinner. And for breakfast. Yes. Breakfast.
Anything that is quick, delicious, versatile is a winner in my book! And these tacos are definitely all of those things. It will take you less than 20 minutes to make these from start to finish (and if you prepare the tofu scramble ahead, even faster!).
I love adding sun-dried tomatoes and olives to the tofu scramble because they add a lovely saltiness and make the tofu scramble so much more flavorful! Also, the flavorful Mediterranean-style tofu scramble goes really well with the cilantro and fresh tomatoes.
More Vegan Taco Recipes
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes with tofu scramble
I hope you enjoy these breakfast tacos as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon kala namak (Himalayan Black Salt)
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes preserved in oil cut in strips
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives cut in rings
- 6 small tortillas
- 2 cups mixed lettuce
- 6 fresh plum tomatoes (small tomatoes) chopped into quarters
- 6 teaspoons mayo
- fresh cilantro
- Heat the canola oil in a large pan and scramble the tofu with your hands or use a fork to do so before adding it to the pan.
- Add the curry powder and kala namak. Mix well, so the tofu gets an even yellow color.
- Keep it on medium-high heat while stirring for about 5 minutes. You can add more kala namak or spices to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and olives to the tofu scramble, heat it for about 2-3 minutes until hot and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas in a hot pan without oil until warm.
- Add lettuce, tofu scramble, and fresh plum tomatoes onto each tortilla. Drizzle with mayo and sprinkle with fresh chives. Enjoy!