Recipe for a delicious Breakfast Burrito filled with Mediterranean tofu scramble, avocado, salad, tomatoes and bell pepper. It’s such a delicious and filling breakfast!
Breakfast Burritos are one of my favorite breakfast/brunch recipes – everything you love for breakfast stuffed in a warm wheat tortilla. What could be better?!
For this Breakfast Burrito, I’ve used my Mediterranean Tofu Scramble recipe. Of course, you could use a simple basic tofu scramble too, but I love the added saltiness of the sun-dried tomatoes and olives in this Burrito. It goes so well with the avocado, bell pepper, salad and cherry tomatoes.
The Key Ingredient: Kala Namak
The key ingredient for the tofu scramble filling is KALA NAMAK. If you don’t have kala namak sitting in your spice cabinet already, I highly recommend getting Kala Namak asap. It is a Himalayan Black Salt and due to its high sulfur content, it’s perfect for all dishes that profit from an “eggy” taste and smell. And what would be a more perfect use for the salt than in tofu scramble?
Mediterranean Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito
Ingredients for the Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
Rest of the ingredients for the burritos
- 2 tortillas (store-bought or make your own!)
- 1/2 avocado , peeled, de-seeded and cut in cubes
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper , cut in strips
- 10 cherry tomatoes , halved
- a few salad leaves
- Heat the canola oil in large pan and scramble the tofu with your hands or use a fork to do so before adding it to the pan.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and kala namak. Mix well, so the tofu gets an even yellow color.
- Keep it on medium high heat while stirring for about 5 minutes. Add more kala namak or spices to taste.
- Add the small chopped sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil to the pan, heat it for about 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan until warm and soft.
- Assembly time! Place a few salad leaves on the tortilla, add the bell pepper, avocado cubes, halved cherry tomatoes and mediterranean tofu scramble.
- Fold in the sides and roll it in, then put it in an electric contact griller (or heat in a pan) to seal the edges. Cut in half & enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
If you give this Mediterranean Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3