These vegan Banana Pancake Bites are so cute and fluffy! Just dip banana slices in a simple egg-free pancake batter and cook them in a flat pan. Bonus points if you make my quick and easy hazelnut caramel sauce to dip them in!
You know I love pancakes (that’s why I have over 15 pancake recipes on the blog!) but I didn’t know that there is an even more amazing way of making pancakes until now. May I present to you: Vegan Banana Pancake Bites!
They are banana slices dipped in pancake batter and they are so good! If you love bananas, you will go crazy over them. Tastewise, they are very similar to my vegan banana fritters – banana in the middle, surrounded by fluffy batter, but of course with much less oil.
And while these vegan banana pancake bites are flavorful enough to just eat them as they are, they are even more delicious with a hazelnut caramel sauce, for which you only need hazelnut butter, maple syrup, and water. I’m kind of obsessed with this sweet dip.
How to make Banana Pancake Bites
For these easy banana pancakes bites you’ll need only 6 ingredients:
- one banana
- flour – I am using all-purpose wheat flour
- baking powder
- plant-based milk – e.g. rice milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, whatever you have at home!
- maple syrup – you could also use rice syrup
- oil – I am using canola oil that is flavored with vegan butter aroma (delicious!) – you can also use any kind of neutral, plant-based oil such as sunflower, coconut oil, …
The basic steps
I’ve found the magic temperature for making pancakes to be at middle to high heat (setting 6 out of 9) but this depends a bit on the stovetop and also the pan.
More delicious vegan Pancake Recipes
- Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Applesauce Pancakes
- Banana Bread Pancakes with chocolate chunks
- 15+ Best and Fluffiest Vegan Pancake Recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these fluffy vegan banana pancake bites as much as I do! If you like them, please let me know. It always makes my day to hear good reviews!
I’m on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube! Let’s connect <3
Vegan Banana Pancake Bites
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 banana
Ingredients for the hazelnut caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter (100% roasted hazelnuts)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a bowl, mix the all-purpose flour and baking powder. Add vegan milk, oil, and maple syrup. Whisk until incorporated, try not to overmix.
- Cut a peeled banana into slices (about 18 slices).
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium heat. Dip the banana slices into the batter and cook the battered banana slices until golden. You will see that the corners will set and then you can flip them and cook them on the other side as well. Work in 2-3 batches so that you have enough space to flip the pancake bites.
- For the hazelnut caramel sauce, whisk together hazelnut butter, maple syrup, and water. Perfect for dipping or drizzling over the banana pancake bites!
Tuesday 6th of December 2022
My thoughts were: I like bananas. I like pancakes. What should go wrong here?
And...of course I was right, in elephantasticvegan you can trust. ;)
I love it! Just hurts me a little to watch them disappear in my mouth 'cause the look extremely cute.