These vegan Banana Fritters have a light and crispy batter, they are coated in maple syrup and sprinkled with sesame seeds. The perfect treat for Banana Lovers!
I used to LOVE the banana fritters you can get at Chinese Restaurants. I would order them every time. But since I’ve been vegan, I’ve had a hard time finding ones without dairy or eggs, and even when the batter is vegan, they are usually drizzled with honey. So nope. No banana fritters for me… sad! I had to change that. So I just made my own Banana Fritters at home and they turned out AH-MAZING.
The batter is light and crispy and made with very basic ingredients:
- baking powder
- white sugar
- plant-based milk
- sparkling water.
It’s the perfect basic vegan batter to fry pretty much anything! You could even use it for savory things if you leave out the white sugar and sub it with a pinch of salt.
Instead of drizzling the Banana Fritters with honey, I’ve coated them with maple syrup and sprinkled them with white sesame seeds. So, so good! I know you’ll love those!
Vegan Banana Fritters
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (I used unsweetened rice coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup sparkling water
- frying oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Peel the bananas and cut each banana in about 10 chunks.
- For the batter, combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Add the plant-based milk and sparkling water and whisk together. If you dip a banana chunk into the batter, the batter should stick to the banana. Add more water if it's too thick. Add more flour if it's too runny.
- Heat the frying oil in a pot (just enough so that the banana fritters can swim in the oil). Fry each banana chunk dipped in the batter for about 1-2 minutes - until golden and crispy. If they brown too quickly, then your oil is too hot, reduce the heat a bit.
- Transfer them to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Put all the banana fritters in a large bowl, add the maple syrup and toss to coat them all. Sprinkle the banana fritters with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan Banan Fritters? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3