These dates stuffed with tahini, covered in chocolate, and sprinkled with sesame are a real treat! They look and taste fancy, but are really easy to make!
I just LOVE having a cold chocolate-date treat in my fridge whenever I need a little pick-me-up or energy boost. And my mom loves them too, so whenever she’s visiting, I like to surprise her with a new variation! She even loved these tahini-stuffed dates even though she isn’t the biggest fan of sesame!
So, whether you’re a tahini-lover or a tahini-lover-in-the-making, I am sure you will love these Chocolate-Covered Tahini-Stuffed Sesame-Sprinkled Dates too!
They are super easy to make, you’ll only need four ingredients, and of course, they are crazy delicious!
Over the last couple of years, I’ve made it my mission to find the best dates out there. I’ve never been a fan of dates until I found soft sukari dates. They are a life changer! So this would be my recommendation for dates, but you can use what is available to you. I know there are a lot of Medjool-fans out there :)
Tahini is like peanut butter or almond butter but made from sesame seeds. Toasted and peeled sesame seeds are ground until creamy. It’s used a lot in the Middle Eastern cuisine (e.g. in Hummus, Baba Ganoush, and Halva).
How to make Tahini Stuffed Dates
You can find the whole recipe below in the box, but I want to share with you the ingredients and basic steps first to give you an overview!
You will need:
- dates – I am using soft sukari dates because they are the best in my opinion!
- tahini – My go-to brand is Koska. It’s made from 100% peeled sesame seeds, nothing else. I could eat this stuff by the spoonful without anything else. It’s so good. The taste of tahini can vary a lot depending on the brand, so just try out different ones until you find one that you like.
- chocolate – I am using dark 65% couverture chocolate. You can also use chocolate chips or regular baking chocolate but then I recommend adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to thin it out.
- sesame seeds – I just like to sprinkle a few white sesame seeds on top because it looks pretty!
The basic steps
More delicious vegan recipes with dates
- Chocolate Covered Snickers Stuffed Dates
- Pistachio Butter Stuffed Dates
- Date-Sweetened Vegan Eggnog
- Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes with Date Syrup
- Vegan Date-Sweetened BBQ Sauce
- Date-Sweetened Hazelnut Milk
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these vegan Tahini Stuffed Dates Covered in Chocolate as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Tahini Stuffed Dates
- 17 dates soft sukari are the best!
- 8 teaspoons tahini
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate couverture * see notes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Slice the dates open and remove the pit. Stuff them with about 1/2 teaspoon of tahini each.
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave) until melted. Dip the tahini-stuffed dates into the chocolate. The easiest way to do this is to use tongs. Then add them onto a large plate or board covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the stuffed dates with the sesame seeds and put them in the fridge for 20 minutes until the chocolate has set. And enjoy!