Sugar Roasted Almonds are super easy to make. They are as good (or even better) as bought ones! Perfect for the winter and christmas-y time.
Sugar Roasted Almonds are something I eat all the time in winter. Mostly when I’m outside, because they are sold everywhere. But making them at home is super easy and a great gift idea! Also you can add in extracts and spices and whatever you’ll like. The ones I made are some super simple Sugar Roasted Almonds with cinnamon. I prefer them when they are still a little bit warm yumm
I’ve added these Sugar Roasted Almonds to some of the christmas presents for my relatives this year and they all liked them a lot.
Sugar Roasted Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups almonds unshelled and raw
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup white sugar make sure it's vegan!
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large (preferably non-stick) pan heat the water, sugar and cinnamon. Stir, the sugar should dissolve.
- Add in the almonds and stir, keeping the heat on high.
- The mixture will get thicker with time. Stir, stir, stir, until all the water is gone and the sugar sticks to the almonds (This process took me 10-15 minutes). You can reduce the heat towards the end. Don't try them yet, because they are very, very hot!
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet to cool off.
If you give these Sugar Roasted Almonds a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3