A festive drink for cold winter days: Russian Apple Punch with small-cut apples and almond slivers. This will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Plus, the whole apartment will smell amazing!
I love the combination of Apple cinnamon! Not just in Apple Strudel, but also in warm drinks. Not only does it taste amazing, it will also make your whole apartment smell like Christmas. Even when you’re not in the Christmas spirit yet, I’m telling you, you will after this drink.
So what’s so Russian about this drink, you ask? I’ve added vodka as the alcoholic component (aka stress reliever in the oh-so-stressful-Christmas-time). Of course, you could also skip the alcohol if you don’t feel like it or if you want to make a kid-friendly version.
For all the Christmas flavors, I’ve added cloves, cinnamon sticks, and cardamom pods. The perfect add-ins are small-cut apple cubes and almond slivers.
The pre-Christmas season is a wonderful time to have friends over. Prepare a couple of warm drinks like this Russian Apple Punch and Orange Rosemary Punch and cookies like these No-Bake Marzipan Rum Balls (pictured on the left) or German Marzipan Balls (pictured on the right). You can let the drinks simmer all night long and people can help themselves whenever they finished a drink.
Spiced Russian Apple Punch
- 2 cups apple juice (make sure it's vegan)
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 crushed cardamom pods
- 1/4 cup apple (cut in small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- 1/4 cup vodka *
- In a big pot bring the apple juice, cloves, cinnamon stick, and crushed cardamom pods to a boil. Stir and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the spices and add the vodka, apple cubes and almond slivers, let it simmer again for 5 minutes - until warm.
- Divide the punch into two glasses and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Russian Apple Punch? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see them :)