Vegan Onigiri and Sesame Balls are super healthy! A great Take-Away-Lunch for school or work.
The last days were really hard on me. I ate mostly white rice (like 3 times a day, for breakfast, lunch and dinner). But I made some delicious sesame balls and onigiri, so I got that going for me.
plain Onigiri and Sesame Balls
- 1 cup white rice you can use sushi rice of course
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 nori sheet
- black and white sesame seeds
- Preparing the rice: Wash the rice until the water stays pretty much clear. Cook the rice according to the instructions, add salt.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl and let it cool off.
- For the sesame balls: Form little balls and roll them in the sesame seeds and little nori pieces.
- For the onigiri: Form the rice in patties or any other form you'd like. Add a cut nori piece and roll the sides in sesame seeds. Voilà.
Did you make these Onigiri or Sesame Balls? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!