The frosting for the pink beet cupcakes is naturally colored with Beet Juice. The base is a vanilla muffin. Perfect for friends or colleagues.
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate cupcakes. They are perfect little gifts for colleagues, relatives, friends,… I wanted to make some pink cupcakes, so I used some beet juice in the frosting. They are little cute pink beet cupcakes. The basis is a simple vanilla muffin.
Pink Beet Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Vanilla Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose-flour
- 1/3 cup white vegan sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- a few drops of vanilla extract
Ingredients for the beet frosting
- 1/2 cup whipped coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon beet juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients given above and whisk.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and whisk until it's a nice smooth dough.
- Put muffin liners in a muffin tray and fill them with the dough about 3/4 full.
- Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes. (You can test the cupcakes with a small wooden stick to make sure the dough is done in the middle.)
- Let the Muffins cool down completely.
- Whip the coconut cream until stiff, mix in the beet juice. You can add more beet juice if you'd like a more intense color.
- You can put the frosting in the fridge for half an hour or so to harden a bit more.
- Fill the frosting in a piping bag and apply to muffins.
Did you make these Pink Beet Cupcakes? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!