Vegan Baked Donuts with a Rosewater Glaze are super easy to make and a healthier alternative to fried Donuts!
Donuts are great, but I’m not too fond of the whole frying process and having so much leftover oil, that’s why baked donuts are for me such a great alternative! For the majority of baked donuts recipes you’ll have to have a donut pan, but not in this one. The dough is firm enough to cut out the donut shapes with two glasses or with a glass and an apple corer (like I did). I colored the glaze with a little bit of beet juice and added some rosewater for the taste. Not to forget about the pistachios on top :)
Baked Donuts with Rosewater Glaze
Ingredients for the Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup warm almond milk
Ingredients for the Rosewater Glaze with chopped Pistachios
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon beet juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- chopped pistachios raw, unsalted, unshelled
Instructions for the donuts
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add in the wet ingredients and knead until it's a soft dough.
- Cover and let the dough rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface about 1/2 inch high.
- Cut out the donuts with a drinking glass. For the middle part you can use a shot glass or an apple corer.
- Place the donuts on a baking sheet, cover them with a clean kitchen towel and let them rest for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile pre-heat your oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Bake them for about 10 minutes. Let them cool off before applying the glazing.
Instructions for the Rosewater Glaze with chopped Pistachios
- Mix all the above ingredients (except the pistachios) in a mixing bowl and whisk until it's a smooth glazing.
- Dip in the donuts and sprinkle them with chopped pistachios.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these Baked Donuts with Rosewater Glaze? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!