Recipe for vegan Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Soy Sauce – the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner! Easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Whenever I post a food photo on Instagram where I made Brussels sprouts as a side dish, people ask me how I make them. Lately, I have been LOVING the combination of Brussels sprouts and potatoes. I usually make my oven-baked potato slices and coat them in za’atar seasoning. I’m obsessed.
So I thought, this Thanksgiving-themed series is the perfect setting to finally explain how I make my easy pan-roasted Brussels sprouts in soy sauce.
But first, a little fun fact about me. I didn’t eat any veggies until I was like 17. I just didn’t like them. I mean, I ate potatoes and tomato sauce. But no real veggies. And the worst of the worst were Brussels sprouts. I couldn’t even stand the smell. Weird, ha? Now I can’t get enough of them. And my former worst enemies, spinach and Brussels sprouts are my best friends. Yeay, veggies!
How to make Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These Brussels sprouts are really simple to make. You’ll only need 4 ingredients:
- Brussels sprouts
- soy sauce
- canola oil
The Basic Steps
- Prepping the Brussels sprouts for pan-roasting: First, remove loose outer leaves, then trim the stem, give them a wash and cut them in half.
- My magic trick to perfectly-soft and flavorful, but not mushy Brussels sprouts is to cook them in a pan with water and soy sauce to make them soft.
- Then pan-roast them in the same pan (once the water is gone) with canola oil for a golden color and crispy edges. Perfect. Brussels. Sprouts. Every. Time.
Serve them with …
This is my favorite method to prepare Brussels sprouts. I hope you love it as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Soy Sauce
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Remove loose outer leaves of the brussels sprouts, trim the stem and wash them. Cut them in halves.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat, add the brussels sprouts, water and soy sauce. Cover with a lid and let them cook for about 15 minutes until softened.
- Then take the lid off, add canola oil and let them roast for another 3-4 minutes on high heat until they are nicely browned. Then they are good to go! Enjoy!