Make your own Matcha Chocolate at home with only 4 ingredients and in 10 minutes. Vegan, plant-based, no dairy. So easy and quick to make!
My boyfriend’s mom loves matcha and I just received my ordered cocoa butter, so I knew a Matcha Chocolate would be the perfect Christmas gift. After a few attempts, this version came out great! It’s pretty sweet on its own, but the taste of matcha is perfect – not too overpowering, and I think the color is spot on!
Also, it’s really easy to make: heat the cocoa butter, mix in the sifted ingredients and filling it in a chocolate mold, leave it in the fridge for an hour or so to harden and – it’s ready!
It couldn’t be any easier and of course feel free to add some dried fruits, nuts or crushed candy if you’d like.
How to store the Matcha Chocolate
The chocolate melts a bit faster than store-bought chocolate, so it’s best to keep it in the fridge. Wrap it in parchment paper to keep it safe.
- In a double boiler, melt the cocoa butter until it's completely liquid.
- Add in the sifted confectioner's sugar, coconut milk powder & matcha powder.
- Stir until there are no lumps in the chocolate mixture.
- Fill the mixture in a chocolate mold.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge for at least an hour and enjoy!
It's best to store the chocolate in the fridge, as it melts easier than other chocolate.
Did you make this vegan Matcha Chocolate? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!