Recipe for a vegan Coconut Panna Cotta made out of coconut milk! Topped with a wonderful Blueberry Topping. So rich and creamy! You’ll only need 5 ingredients!
I loved Panna Cotta before I went vegan. So of course, I had to veganize it. And this Coconut Panna Cotta is the perfect plant-based alternative to the otherwise dairy-loaded dessert.
I’ve topped the Coconut Panna Cotta with a quick and easy blueberry sauce for which you’ll need only frozen blueberries and maple syrup. I love the combination of the cold Panna Cotta and warm blueberry sauce. Or top it with this Caramel Sauce – it’s so good!
How to make Panna Cotta without gelatin?
For this vegan Panna Cotta, we’re using agar powder, which is the perfect alternative! I find agar (or agar-agar) even easier to work with than gelatine sheets. Agar is obtained from algae. You can buy it in powder or flakes. The powder is much more powerful, so if you want to use agar flakes for this recipe I’d recommend using 3x the amount.
Coconut Panna Cotta with a Blueberry Topping
- 12 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon agar powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar (make sure it's vegan)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a pot, heat the coconut milk, the agar powder, and the white sugar.
- Bring it a boil, then reduce the heat. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes after that.
- Pour it into your dishes and let it cool off before placing it in the fridge for at least 4 hours. (You could also make this the day before and leave it in the fridge overnight - This is what I did)
- To make the blueberry topping, heat the blueberries in a small pot and add in the maple syrup. Let it cook for about 5 minutes until soft and saucy.
- Top the Coconut Panna Cotta with the Blueberry topping before serving and enjoy!