This flavorful Olive Flatbread is my go-to-bread when we’re meeting friends for a BBQ/cookout/grilling session. It’s not only topped with olives, but also minced garlic. Plus, there’s dried oregano and basil incorporated into the dough, which gives it a nice mediterranean flair.
When I mentioned the olive flatbread in the Cheesy Hasselback Potato post, many asked me for the recipe. And I wouldn’t dare to keep the recipe from you.
This Olive Flatbread is very flavorful, because I’ve added dried oregano and basil into the dough and topped it with green olives and minced garlic. It’s absolutely perfect with grilled veggies! We’ve grilled marinated eggplants, zucchini and chicory. It’s was absolutely divine!
Thanks to the yeast in the bread, it’s super fluffy and has large holes. But of course, that also means, that it needs 1-2 hours to rise – depending on the room temperature. However, it’s totally worth it!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour *
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup olives , halved, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flours, instant yeast, dried oregano, dried basil and salt. Give it a quick mix. Then add in the oil and water and mix until combined.
- Let it sit, covered unter a clean kitchen towel, in a warm spot until it doubles in size (about 1½-2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 480°F / 250°C.
- Transfer the dough to a baking tray lined with lightly floured parchment paper, press down the dough a bit so it's evenly thick. Top with olives and minced garlic and press it into the dough.
- Then put the bread in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until golden on the surface.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Olive Flatbread? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!