This vegan Cocoa and Vanilla Pancake Tower is perfect for a long breakfast! Topped with pomegranate seeds and rice syrup – it’s simply delicious.
Pancakes are one of the things I love to make when I have a looooot of time for breakfast or even better: brunch. Although they would be quick to make, I really enjoy taking my time to eat them. Even this Cocoa and Vanilla Pancake Tower is easy to make, because you basically make just one quick pancake batter, then the batter gets divided. One gets additional vanilla extract, while the other half will be mixed with cocoa powder and a little bit more sparkling water.
The sparkling water makes the Pancakes extremely fluffy. Topped with Pomegranate Seeds and Rice Syrup this Pancake Tower is soo yummy! It reminded more of a cake, so practically dessert, but it’s great to have an excuse to eat dessert for breakfast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 pomegranate
- Deseed the Pomegranate.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix.
Add in the cup (minus 1 tablespoon /15ml) of sparkling water, the rice syrup and oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter in a second mixing bowl.
- Add in one half the vanilla extract and whisk again.
Add in the other half the cocoa powder and the remaining tablespoon / 15ml of sparkling water and whisk.
- Heat a pan or two (I've made two pancakes at the same time) on medium heat.
- Pour the batter for one pancake in the hot pan and let it sit until it's bubbly on the surface.
- Turn once and let it in the pan for about another minute.
- Place the finished Pancakes on a plate and top with additional Rice Syrup and Pomegranate Seeds.
Did you make this Cocoa and Vanilla Pancake Tower? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!