Recipe for a perfectly silky Raspberry Coconut Panna Cotta topped with a warm raspberry sauce. Perfect for Valentine’s Day. Vegan & gluten-free.
This super silky vegan Raspberry Coconut Panna Cotta is perfect for Valentine’s Day! You can prepare it the day ahead, that way you’ll have hardly any work on the big day. I’ve topped the dairy-free Panna Cotta with a warm raspberry sauce which is so simple to make but such an awesome addition, you really shouldn’t miss out on that one. Altogether, the dessert is not much work really.
To remove the harder bits of the raspberries I’ve poured the panna cotta mixture through a nut milk bag. Panna cotta that just melts in your mouth…anyone? :) The Panna Cotta is not only dairy-free but also gluten-free and only needs 4 ingredients (including the raspberry sauce!).
More vegan Valentine’s Day idea
Vegan Raspberry Coconut Panna Cotta
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup defrosted raspberries
- 3/4 teaspoon agar powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Ingredients for the raspberry sauce
- 1 cup defrosted raspberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- Add 1/2 cup of defrosted raspberries together with the coconut milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Place a nut milk bag over a pot and pour in the raspberry-coconut mixture, squeeze to remove the harder bits of the raspberries.
- Whisk in the agar powder and sugar and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, then fill the mixture into small glass or porcelain containers**.
- Let them sit in the fridge overnight.
- For the raspberry sauce simply simmer the defrosted raspberries together with the sugar in a small pot and mash the raspberries a bit.
- To serve, go around the edges of the panna cotta with a knife until you can take it out of the form. Top with the warm raspberry sauce.