These vegan Oreo Brownies are super easy to make and you’ll only need 6 ingredients. Make them for your family and friends and feel the love.
Okay, I know the last brownie recipe (these peanut butter swirl brownies) wasn’t too long ago, but bear with me. For this recipe, I’ve stripped the ingredients down to the basics, making it a 6-ingredient brownie recipe with mostly pantry items!
What I love about these brownies:
- They are made with staple ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, oil, and oat milk.
- They are super easy and quick to make. You only need basic equipment: a mixing bowl, whisk, spatula, and a baking pan.
- They are perfect for potlucks, bake-sales because everyone loves brownies, and
everyonemost people love Oreos.
- They are versatile! You can use the brownie recipe as a base and add your favorite mix-ins or toppings such as different fruits (raspberries, cherries), nuts (walnuts? pistachios?) or add swirls on top (peanut? tahini?).
My brownie pan has the size of 10 x 8″ / 26 x 20cm. If you’re using a smaller baking pan, you will end up with bigger pieces and you will have to bake them a bit longer.
Keep in mind, that you can adjust the servings in the recipe below. For example, you can click the ‘2x’ in the recipe card and it will double all the ingredients for you.
How to make Vegan Oreo Brownies
- flour – I am using regular all-purpose wheat flour
- cocoa powder – dutch-processed is best!
- white sugar – depending on where you live you want to make sure that your sugar is vegan because some sugars are made using bone char.
- plant-based milk – I am using unsweetened oat milk but you can use any you want.
- coconut oil – you might have to heat it in a pot/microwave first if it’s solid.
- Oreos – Oreos are vegan but there is always the possibility of cross-contamination with milk (as stated in the ingredients). So if you are very strict about this, you want to sub the Oreos with other vegan-friendly cookies or just use chocolate chips or other add-ins.
The basic steps
Store the leftovers
I would recommend storing these brownies in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. They will get fudgier in the fridge. You can also move leftovers into the freezer.
More delicious brownie recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these vegan oreo brownies as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Vegan Oreo Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup plant-based milk (e.g. oat milk)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 9 oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Roughly chop the oreos in chunks.
- For the brownie batter, mix the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the plant-based milk and coconut oil. Whisk until combined. Fold in half of the Oreo chunks.
- Transfer the brownie batter into a brownie pan* lined with parchment paper. Add the rest of the oreo chunks on top.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 20 minutes until the top is smooth and a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool off, then cut them into 9 pieces and serve!