Recipe for a vegan Lingonberry Jam sweetened with maple syrup and cranberry juice! Easy to make and perfect for small batches.
This is not your typical sweet jam recipe. Lingonberries are quite tart, which makes them perfect for a jam accompanying savory dishes (just like this vegan Schnitzel).
When I found fresh lingonberries at the farmers’ market, I just couldn’t resist. I love lingonberry jam, though I’ve never made it myself. I’m glad I gave it a try. I don’t use a lot of lingonberry jam, but it’s a must-have staple in my fridge. So it’s the perfect jam for small-batch cooking.
This vegan Lingonberry Jam is very simplistic (like pretty much most of my recipes) – with only 4 ingredients:
- Cranberry juice (for sweetness and balance)
- Maple syrup (for a more subtle sweetness)
- Chia seeds (helps with thickening)
Vegan Lingonberry Jam
- 2 cups lingonberries , washed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Add lingonberries, cranberry juice and maple syrup to a medium-sized pot. Bring it to a boil, add the chia seeds and then let it simmer for about half an hour. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the lingonberries a bit. It should thicken up a bit, but it will thicken up even more in the fridge. At this point, you can try and adjust the sweetness by adding more maple syrup if you want!
- To store it, let it cool off just a bit and fill it in an air-tight glass jar. You can store the jam in the fridge for 3-4 weeks!
My vegan Thanksgiving Menu
Alternative to Lingonberry Jam
Not a fan of lingonberries? Or they are not available where you live? A quick and easy homemade cranberry sauce is a traditional, but ideal alternative for a festive dinner sauce/dip!