Put your overripe bananas to good use because this is banana bread perfection: Soft, moist banana bread with chocolate chips. You will love it!
You know it’s gonna be an amazing day when you have chocolate chip banana bread in the fridge waiting for breakfast!
You can add vegan chocolate spread, nut butter, or jam on top, but I mostly eat it plain because it’s so good and flavorful by itself.
It’s also a great snack for traveling or to take to work/school/university or wherever you have to go.
Also, aren’t warm banana bread slices literally the best thing ever?! Mhhh!
Now stop looking at those poor, overripe, brown bananas at your kitchen counter already and start making this banana bread! And share it with all the people you love. <3
This banana bread is super easy to make. Just mash the ripe bananas in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients. Whisk. Add the dry ingredients. Whisk. Add the chocolate chips. Whisk. Pour the batter in a baking pan. Bake. Eat. Repeat.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Vegan Banana Bread with Walnuts
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Marbled Banana Bread (vegan)
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you’ll enjoy this chocolate chip banana bread as much as I do! Let me know if you give this recipe a try! I’d love to hear how it turns out for you.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar + more to sprinkle on top
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a loaf pan* with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas, add them to a large bowl and mash them. To the bananas, add the plant-based milk, and coconut oil. Give it a quick mix.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt to the wet ingredients and whisk everything together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake it in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown on the top. You can use a wooden stick to test if your banana bread is done in the middle.
- Let it cool off before slicing and enjoy!