Vegan Bounty Pancakes: Fluffy coconut pancakes with chocolate chips, topped with chocolate sauce and shredded coconut. You will love them!
If you love the combination of coconut and chocolate, then this recipe is for you! And you alone! (Oh and you will probably enjoy these vegan bounty bars too while we’re at it!)
Thiiiick and fluffy pancakes are my favorites! To make them super coconutty I used lite coconut milk and added shredded coconut into the batter.
I am a little bit obsessed with this chocolate sauce because it’s made out of only 2 ingredients (coconut oil and cocoa powder). When it’s warm enough and the coconut oil is melted at room temperature, then it’s just a whisk-together-done-chocolate sauce! I’ve also added this chocolate sauce over nice cream to make a magic chocolate shell. Love!
I’m sure you will love these, because:
- These pancakes are quick to make – 30 minutes max from start to finish.
- You can make the pancake batter in 1 bowl (minimal clean-up!).
- The chocolate sauce is super easy!
- They are made with basic ingredients (flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, maple syrup, oil, plant-based milk, banana, chocolate chips – most of them are household staples anyway, right?!).
- They are the fluffiest pancakes ever. Oh yes.
- The recipe is highly versatile. You can experiment with different add-ins and toppings!
How to make Vegan Bounty Pancakes
You will need:
- a very ripe banana
- lite coconut milk
- maple syrup
- flour – I am using all-purpose wheat flour
- shredded coconut – I used unsweetened desiccated coconut
- baking powder
- dairy-free chocolate chips – you can use dark or sweet
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder – I prefer dutch-processed for a deeper and darker flavor
- baking spray or oil for the pan
The basic steps
Making these vegan Chocolate Coconut Pancakes is really easy.
As always you can find the whole written recipe at the end of the post. But I want to show you the process step-by-step first:
What can I do if my pancakes are raw inside?
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
What can I do if my pancakes aren’t fluffy?
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
My pancake batter is spreading too much/not enough?!
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
How to make pancakes without eggs and dairy?
Pancakes without eggs and dairy? It’s totally possible! You don’t even need any weird egg replacement powders. For these pancakes, I’ve used mashed bananas and a bit more baking powder than usual. This results in the fluffiest pancakes ever! And they hold together perfectly. No need for eggs at all! I promise. As for the dairy, I’ve simply used plant-based milk (in this case rice milk but you can use any you want!).
More delicious vegan Pancake Recipes
- Vegan Banana Bread Pancakes with Chocolate Chunks (+Video)
- Apple Sauce Pancakes
- Plantain Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- or check out ALL my pancake recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these vegan Bounty Pancakes as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Pancakes (Bounty Pancakes)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder dutch-processed
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana, add the lite coconut milk, and maple syrup. Give it a quick whisk.
- Then add the flour, shredded coconut, and baking powder. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium heat. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 8 pancakes out of the batter.
- For the chocolate sauce, whisk together the coconut oil with the cocoa powder.
- Stack the pancakes, pour the chocolate sauce on top, and add more shredded coconut! Enjoy!
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.