The perfect cocktail for summer: Pineapple Coconut Cocktail, mixed with Myers’s Dark Rum and a dash of cinnamon. Serve it in a pineapple to make it look amazing!
Cocktails anyone? With the temperatures getting warmer I get cravings for exotic fruits all the time. This time instead of just munching it I decided to make a fancy cocktail. I used the Pineapple as a cup and mixed the remaining pineapple juice with Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, Myers’s Dark Rum and a dash of cinnamon – Yumm!
I’ve saved the green part of the pineapple to plant it again (it’s my second pineapple plant now). Yeay! I love exotic plants, even though I may never receive any fruits from the plants I just enjoy planting them as a project and watching them grow. I’ll put it right next to my 〜10 avocado plants and my mango plant.
I am literally the worst at taking photos of drinks, but I really wanted to have more of these recipes on the blog so I decided to try it with a pretty “glas” and what is more prettier than using fresh fruit to fill the drink in? I’m having young thai coconuts often at home and drinking out of the coconut feels like pure luxury but drinking out of a pineapple fruit, well, that takes it to the whole next level I guess. It’s so tropical and exotic, perfect for the lovely spring temperatures we are having here lately. I’m in such a mood for summer and I’m so looking forward to putting all my plants outside permanently so I want to reflect this feeling in the drinks I drink and the foods I eat.
Pineapple Coconut Cocktail
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Young Thai Coconut
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 oz / 3cl Myers's Dark Rum (or to preference)
- a dash of cinnamon
- Cut off the top part (about 2 inches) of the pineapple and remove the flesh carefully by running a knife in a circle around the inside of the pineapple.
- Cut 4 slices across the middle and spoon out the flesh.
- About 1/3 of the pineapple cup should be filled with remaining pineapple juice.
- Add coconut water from the thai coconut until the pineapple is 3/4 full.
- Add the coconut milk and dark rum and stir.
- Top it off with a dash of cinnamon.
Estimated Nutrition Info