Say hello to your new favorite breakfast: PB&J Overnight Oats! You can bring your overnight oats game to the next level by adding homemade strawberry jam and delicious peanut butter sauce.
I haven’t posted any new breakfast recipes in months, and there’s a simple reason for that: I have been eating overnight oats every single day!
Remember when I said I wanted to make a healthy habit by eating more oats for breakfast? That worked surprisingly well!
I just LOVE waking up in the morning and knowing that a delicious bowl of overnight oats is waiting for me in the fridge.
Usually, I just make simple overnight oats (oats + plant milk) and then top it in the morning with tahin and maple syrup. But lately, I’ve been in the mood to mix it up more. That’s when I tried these PB&J Overnight Oats and I am obsessed!
It’s easy to step up your overnight oats game by adding homemade Strawberry Chia Jam and a delicious peanut butter sauce. You can prepare the overnight oats base and make the toppings fresh in the morning if you like warm strawberry chia jam or just place the whole PB&J overnight oats in the fridge.
How to make PB&J Overnight Oats
You will need:
- rolled oats (if you can get fine rolled oats use them! I love them the most!)
- plant-based milk (I am usually using oat milk but any plant-based milk is fine!)
- for the strawberry jam: frozen strawberries, maple syrup, chia seeds
- for the peanut butter sauce: peanut butter, salt, maple syrup, water
The basic steps
More Overnight Oat Recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy PB&J Overnight Oats as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users.
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
PB&J Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats Base
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk (e.g. oat milk)
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water or more to thin it out
- For 3 jars: Add 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup plant-based milk per glass jar and give it a good mix. Set it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In small pot, heat the frozen strawberries and add the maple syrup. Bring it to a boil. Once soft, mash the strawberries, add the chia seeds and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Let it cool off to thicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk the peanut butter, salt, maple syrup, and water until it's a smooth sauce. You might have to add more water to achieve the required consistency.
- Add the warm strawberry jam and peanut butter sauce on top of the overnight oats and enjoy!
Sunday 12th of September 2021
Can I use pb2 instead of peanut butter?