A warm drink perfect for the christmas-y time with a lot of spices like cardamom, cinnamon and cloves: Orange Rosemary Punch.
Perfect for the christmas season I’ve made this Orange Rosemary Punch. I used a lot of christmas-y spices like cloves, cardamom and a cinnamon stick. The flavor of rosemary isn’t intrusive, it rather adds a subtle additional herby taste.
With the end of november the christmas markets opened in our city! This means all kinds of fruit punches, mulled wines and tea with rum! Until christmas it’s very hard to do anything productive in the city, because mostly one’s winding up at the christmas markets.
If you’re looking for more vegan festive drink recipes, I’ve included a couple of my favorites at the end of the post.
Orange Rosemary Punch
- 2 cups orange juice (make sure it's vegan)
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 rosemary sprigs + 2 more for garnish
- 2 crushed cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 cup white wine *
- 1/4 cup spiced rum *
- orange slices (for garnish, make sure it's organic)
- In a big pot bring the orange juice, cloves, cinnamon stick, rosemary sprigs, crushed cardamoms and the maple syrup to a boil. Stir and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the white wine and rum, let it simmer again for 5 minutes - until warm.
- Remove the spices and rosemary twigs and pour the punch into two glasses. Garnish with a new rosemary twig and orange slices.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Orange Rosemary Punch? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!