This Double Mint Iced Tea will keep you cool in the summer! It’s refreshing + vegan + gluten-free and sweetened with rice syrup.
I love the summer, I really do.. but does it have to be so hot? :D Thankfully, I found a few ways to keep cool and productive even on the hottest days. My go-to refreshments for the summer are:
Peppermint tea is probably my favorite of all teas, so I knew I had to make a Mint Iced Tea. I’ve also added some fresh mint from the balcony garden, so this makes it a Double Mint Iced Tea. Iced teas are often sweetened with honey, but as this is a vegan version, I’ve used rice syrup (my favorite liquid sweetener) but agave syrup or maple syrup would be possible substitutions.
Double Mint Iced Tea
- 1/2 cup brewed mint tea , cold
- 1 teaspoon rice syrup (or more to preferred sweetness)*
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-2 lemon slices
- ice cubes
- fresh mint
- Pour the cold mint tea in the glass, add in the rice syrup and stir until dissolved.
- Add in the ice cubes, cold water. Add more rice syrup to taste. Top with the lemon slices and fresh mint.
- Enjoy your refreshing beverage!
If you give this refreshing Double Mint Iced Tea a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3