How to make the fluffiest vegan pancakes even more delicious? 1) Add Nice cream 2) Add Chocolate Sauce 3) Add a Cherry. This Vegan Pancake Sundae is everything you’ve ever wanted – you just didn’t know it yet!
Okay… I know what you’re thinking… “Bianca, you’re insane. This is way too decadent. No one can/should eat this“. I hear ya. BUT I just ate this and I have to say, you’re wrong. Everyone should eat it because it’s freaking delicious.
You may know already that I love a good stack of fluffy pancakes but when you add nice cream, chocolate sauce, and cherries. This is winning. Winning at breakfast. Winning at life. Do you want to be a winner? You know what you have to do!
So let’s break down the components for this amazing stack of deliciousness:
The Vegan Pancakes
You’ll only need 6 basic ingredients for the fluffiest pancakes ever:
- a ripe banana
- plant-based milk
- maple syrup
- canola oil
- baking powder
You probably have all the ingredients at home already!
The Sundae Topping
I’ve topped the pancakes with
- nice cream (the simplest & healthiest ice cream made from only 1 ingredient: bananas. If you’re hearing about this the first time, check out my nice cream post for more detailed instructions)
- chocolate sauce (baking chocolate or chocolate chips and coconut oil is all you need!)
- cherries for that authentic sundae look :)
Vegan Pancake Sundae
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil + more for spraying the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Ingredients for the toppings
- 1 banana (peeled, in chunks, frozen overnight)
- 1/4 cup baking chocolate or chocolate chips (dairy-free obviously)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 cherries
- For the pancakes: In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Give it a quick whisk. Add the flour and baking powder. Whisk until incorporated. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- For the nice cream: Place the frozen banana chunks in a food processor and pulse until it's perfectly creamy. You might have to scrape down the sides a few times. Then transfer the ice cream into a container and freeze until the pancakes are ready.
- For the chocolate sauce: In a double boiler (bain-marie), melt the baking chocolate (or chocolate chips) and coconut oil.
- Back to the pancakes: Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add an ice cream scoop of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, add a scoop of the nice cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce and add the cherry on top. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this vegan Pancake Sundae? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3