Fall’s seasonal vegetable game is really strong. I mean, all kinds of pumpkins and squash, brussels sprouts, kohlrabi and of course, cabbage. Did you know there are over 400 cabbage varieties? Crazy, right? Thankfully cabbage doesn’t vanish from the shelves with the end of fall, but it stays with us for some delicious winter meals as well!
Purple cabbage is one of my favorite cabbage varieties. I just love that vibrant purple color. It makes me happy and helps me beat the winter blues. Simple pleasures :)
So go ahead, shred some purple cabbage, coat it in garlic sauce, let it soften overnight and enjoy. It’s a delicious side dish or you can even put it in burgers!
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of my Garlic Sunflower Seed Dressing
- Wash the cabbage and thinly slice it (leave out the core) using a mandoline slicer.
- Place the sliced cabbage in a large bowl, add the salt and lemon juice and give it a good mix. Then add about half a cup of the Garlic Sunflower Seed Dressing and mix again.
- Place the slaw in the fridge and let it sit overnight.
- The cabbage gets softer overnight. You can use it as a side dish or in burgers! :)
If you give this vegan Garlic Slaw a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3