Fluffy Vegan Pancakes with grilled peaches and toasted almonds – this is the perfect summer breakfast! Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
I’ve been meaning to try grilled peaches forever now and I’m so glad I finally did because they make a beautiful and delicious pancake topping. I’ve also added toasted almonds on top which gives it a nice crunch!
These are the PERFECT pancakes for the summer!
The Ingredients for Vegan Pancakes
For these quick and easy vegan pancakes you’ll need only 6 ingredients:
- a very ripe banana
- plant-based milk e.g. I’ve used almond milk
- maple syrup
- baking powder
I’ve topped the pancake stacks with grilled peaches (summer produce at its best!), toasted almond slivers, and maple syrup!
What can I do if my pancakes are raw inside?
If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat! That way they have more time to cook properly.
What can I do if my pancakes aren’t fluffy?
Add more baking powder! This will make them fluffier. Mashed bananas + baking powder = are a good recipe for fluffiness! :)
My pancake batter is spreading too much?!
My pancake batter isn’t spreading enough?!
No worries, you can easily adjust the batter! If the batter is spreading too much in the pan, whisk more flour into the batter. If your pancake batter isn’t spreading enough, add a bit more plant-based milk!
Can I make these pancakes without oil?
Yes, the pancakes use very little oil to begin with, so you can easily omit it but they will look different on the outside because I’ve been spraying/brushing the pan with oil.
Vegan Pancakes with grilled peaches and toasted almonds
Ingredients for the pancakes
Ingredients for the toppings
- 1 peach
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Give it a quick whisk. Add the flour and baking powder. Whisk until combined. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, we're preparing the toppings: Cut a peach into slices (I've cut it into 12 slices). Grill them in a grilling pan brushed with oil or on a grill for 1-2 minutes until they have nice grill marks on both sides. Toast the almond slivers in a pan without oil for about 1 minute until slightly brown and toasty.
- Brush a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add an ice cream scoop of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, add the grilled peach slices, sprinkle the toasted almonds on top and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan pancakes topped with grilled peaches and toasted almonds? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3