Don’t worry – there aren’t any eggs involved in this dessert at all. Instead, apricots are used to top these puff pastry baskets – fruiter desserts are much better anyways. This recipe calls for Easter brunch, doesn’t it? You can serve these as part of an brunch/breakfast or as a dessert.
These fruity Egg Baskets are so easy to make and you’ll only need three ingredients. If you’ve been around the blog, you know I’m a big fan of simple recipes, that don’t include any unnecessary ingredients.
These are not only easy to make but actually super quick as well. You’ll need about 5 minutes to make them and then bake them for 10-15 minutes – aaaand done.
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry*
- 6 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soy yoghurt
- 6 canned apricot halves
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cut the puff pastry in 6 equal squares.
- Place one tablespoon of vanilla soy yoghurt in the middle of each square and spread it only a bit.
- Fold in the edges and make a little basket or package, leaving a space for the apricot half (we will add those after baking).
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Place an apricot half on each of the baked puff pastry baskets.
- Let them cool off completely before eating. You can store these in the fridge for 2-3 days.
If you give these fruity Egg Baskets a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3