These are the best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies I’ve ever made. They are soft with a slight crisp on the outside, slightly flaky, slightly fudgy. Plus they are really easy and quick to make. You’ll only need 6 basic ingredients!
What are you looking for in the perfect chocolate chip cookies?
- Soft baked?
- Slight crispy on the outside?
- Lots of chocolate chips?
- Oh and they should be entirely plant-based?
What if I told you, you could have all of these characteristics in one cookie? Meet your new favorite chocolate chip cookies! (well… at least they are mine, but I really hope you do like them too!)
And the best part is that they are really easy to make with just a handful of basic ingredients. I always have coconut oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, plant-based milk and chocolate chips at home. So maybe you do too? Then what are you waiting for?! Go make these cookies and let me know what you think!
The hardest part is letting them cool off after baking. They are quite soft when you take them out of the oven. After a couple of minutes of rest, they are ready to dunk into milk or eat straight away!
Soft Baked Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (softened at room temperature)*
- 1/3 cup white sugar (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 360°F/ 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened coconut oil and white sugar. Mix everything together with a hand mixer or use a kitchen aid.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix again. Lastly add in the almond milk until everything comes together.
- Add in about 3/4 of the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, form balls with your hands and press them flat to the height of the cookies in the photos onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the rest of the chocolate chips onto the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 10 minutes. Take them out once you see slightly brown edges. They feel pretty soft at first, but let them cool off for a couple of minutes on a cooling wire and they will be perfectly soft.
Did you make these Soft Baked Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!