Vegan Avocado Sushi – a healthy classic of the Japanese cuisine!
Sushi is just great. I’m still having trouble with making maki, but normal sushi nigiri is really easy to make. My favorite topping is avocado because it makes it so super creamy and I really love avocado in general. You can sprinkle some black and white sesame seeds on top of the sushi. When I make Sushi I got to have some Pickled Ginger, because otherwise I feel like I’m missing out on something. Pickled Ginger is not hard to make yourself, when you prepare it in advance.
- First cook the rice - Wash the rice to remove excess starch until the water stays clear. Cook according to the instructions.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl and let it cool down. Once cool, add the salt, sugar and brown rice vinegar and give it a mix.
- Cut up an avocado, remove the pit and cut it in slices. Take off the peel then.
- Form little rolls with the rice.
- Cut the nori sheet into strips with a scissor.
- Put the avocado slices (I broke them simply apart to fit better on the rice) onto the rice rolls and add the nori strips. You can wet the endings of the nori to make it stick together.
- Sushi is best served with Pickled Ginger (Gari). Enjoy!
Did you make this vegan Avocado Sushi? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!