You only need 4 ingredients for this raw, gluten-free and vegan Avocado Ice Cream recipe! No ice cream machine needed. It’s super creamy and yummy!!
There is something about green ice cream that I’ve loved since I was a child. It just feels right to me. And because I’m secretly (or not so much) addicted to avocados, I worked on creating a vegan Avocado Ice Cream.
Avocado Ice Cream is all the rage right now. There are a few companies that sell avocado ice cream but you can easily make it at home. It’s really easy, you only need 4 ingredients and the best part is that you don’t need an ice cream machine to make this treat, but a blender or food processor will help you make it perfectly smooth.
If you’re wondering what Avocado Ice Cream tastes like… It’s super creamy and decadent. Also it’s not too sweet, so you still can taste the avocado. However, you can adjust the sweetness easily – that’s the good thing about homemade treats. If you want it sweeter, just add more rice syrup or whatever sweetener you prefer.
If you’re following a paleo diet, you can use maple syrup instead of the rice syrup and voilà: Paleo Avocado Ice Cream!
As a base I used coconut milk because it provides a lovely creaminess – oh and of course: avocado and coconut milk make a great team and ice cream!
Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (or your preferred liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or agave syrup)
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon out the avocado flesh.
- Put the avocado flesh in a food processor together with the lemon juice and blend until it's a perfectly smooth avocado cream.
- Open the coconut milk can upside down (so that the hard cream is on top).
- Spoon out the coconut cream until you hit the coconut water (save the coconut water for a different recipe or for a smoothie).
- Whip the coconut cream in a bowl with a KitchenAid, or other electrical mixer until it's a nice, soft coconut whipped cream. Add in the avocado cream and the rice syrup and mix until incorporated.
- Put the ice cream in a freezer-safe dish.
- Place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- If it is too hard to spoon out after 4 hours, let it sit at room temperature for a minute or two. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
If you give this yummy vegan Avocado Ice Cream recipe a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3