This Watermelon Amaretto Bowl is the perfect drink for any summer party! It looks amazing and tastes delicious! And it’s actually not hard to make at all…
I’ve made this Watermelon Amaretto Bowl (well, actually two) for my boyfriend’s birthday party and we served those as welcome drinks. It was a huge hit because 1) they look super amazing and 2) they are freakishly delicious! If you’ve never had watermelon with amaretto before, you’re missing out! Really, the combination is amazing. And they are actually quite easy to make.
Of course you can make a non-alcoholic, kid-friendly version too! Just leave out the amaretto. It’s the perfect summer treat!
First cut the watermelon in two equal halves and remove a super thin slice off the bottoms. This will make the bowls stand more steadily, but don’t cut too deep, you don’t want the watermelon to leak :)
Spoon out the watermelon flesh. A spoon works but a ice cream scoop works even better! Put the watermelon flesh into a blender (you don’t need a high-speed blender, a normal will do the trick as well).
Remove all the flesh until you have an empty watermelon. It’s will be perfect serving bowl for the drinks. After blending the watermelon flesh with the amaretto, fill it back into the watermelon bowls and keep them cold until they are going to be served.
Watermelon Amaretto Bowl
- 1 medium watermelon (with no seeds)
- 1/2 cup amaretto* (more or less to taste, depending on the size of your watermelon)
- Cut the watermelon in half.
- Cut a super thin slice off the bottoms so it stands more steadily.
- Remove the watermelon flesh with a spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Put the watermelon flesh along with the amaretto in a blender and blend until fine (taste and adjust the amount of alcohol).
- Pour the watermelon juice back into the watermelon bowl and keep them in fridge until you serve them!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Should you decide to give this awesome looking drink a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^