Recipe for vegan Snickers Cups – filled with roasted peanuts and a creamy caramel sauce. These are so simple to make – you will be surprised!
I get the best ideas for new recipes when I’m riding my bike home from work late at night – when the streets are empty or when I’m in the shower. Let’s just call these vegan Snickers Cups a bike-idea :D
I’m sure you know the basic concept of chocolate cups from regular Peanut Butter Cups or my Bloody Cups for Halloween, but these are filled with a creamy caramel sauce and roasted & lightly salted peanuts! If you’ve been a fan of Snickers – then I’m sure you will love these; even if you don’t like Snickers (I never cared for it, really) – you’ll love these too ^.^ Well, at least, I hope you do!
Watch how to make Vegan Snickers Cups – Recipe Video (1.5 min)
If you can’t see the video, please disable your ad blocker.
These are really easy to make! The GIF above shows the basic steps of the process.
Recipe for vegan Snickers Cups - filled with roasted peanuts and a creamy caramel sauce. These are so simple to make - you will be surprised!
- Place 9 muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a double boiler, melt the baking chocolate/chocolate chips and coconut oil, stir well. Fill about 1½ teaspoons of melted chocolate in the muffin liners; tilt them, so the chocolate spreads to the sides. Repeat for all the muffin liners and place the muffin pan into the fridge for a few minutes (until the chocolate hardens). Use about half the chocolate for this step.
- Roast the peanuts with a pinch of salt in a small pan on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes while stirring occasionally. Chop the peanuts in smaller pieces.
- Mix the almond butter with the rice syrup and water until it has reached a creamy consistency. Depending on the almond butter you're using, you might have use more or less water to achieve that.
- Once the first chocolate layer has set, divide the almond butter mixture into the muffin liners (place it in the middle) and sprinkle the peanuts on top.
- Use the rest of the melted chocolate to top the cups with. Tilt it a bit so the top is covered with the chocolate completely. Let it harden in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is hard, carefully remove the cups from the cupcake liners and enjoy!
* If you don't have rice syrup at home, you could use agave syrup or maple syrup instead.
Storage: Keep the Snickers Cups in the fridge until they are all gone :)
If you give these vegan Snickers Cups a try I’d love to hear how they turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3