Recipe for vegan Snickers Cups – filled with roasted peanuts and a creamy caramel sauce. These are so simple to make – you will be surprised!
I get the best ideas for new recipes when I’m riding my bike home from work late at night – when the streets are empty or when I’m in the shower. Let’s just call these vegan Snickers Cups a bike-idea :D
I’m sure you know the basic concept of chocolate cups from regular Peanut Butter Cups or my Bloody Cups for Halloween, but these are filled with a creamy caramel sauce and roasted & lightly salted peanuts! If you’ve been a fan of Snickers – then I’m sure you will love these; even if you don’t like Snickers (I never cared for it, really) – you’ll love these too ^.^ Well, at least, I hope you do!
Vegan Snickers Cups Recipe Video
These are really easy to make! The GIF above shows the basic steps from the process.
Recipe for vegan Snickers Cups - filled with roasted peanuts and a creamy caramel sauce. These are so simple to make - you will be surprised!
- Place 9 muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a double boiler, melt the baking chocolate/chocolate chips and coconut oil, stir well. Fill about 1½ teaspoons of melted chocolate in the muffin liners; tilt them, so the chocolate spreads to the sides. Repeat for all the muffin liners and place the muffin pan into the fridge for a few minutes (until the chocolate hardens). Use about half the chocolate for this step.
- Roast the peanuts with a pinch of salt in a small pan on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes while stirring occasionally. Chop the peanuts in smaller pieces.
- Mix the almond butter with the rice syrup and water until it has reached a creamy consistency. Depending on the almond butter you're using, you might have use more or less water to achieve that.
- Once the first chocolate layer has set, divide the almond butter mixture into the muffin liners (place it in the middle) and sprinkle the peanuts on top.
- Use the rest of the melted chocolate to top the cups with. Tilt it a bit so the top is covered with the chocolate completely. Let it harden in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is hard, carefully remove the cups from the cupcake liners and enjoy!
* If you don't have rice syrup at home, you could use agave syrup or maple syrup instead.
Storage: Keep the Snickers Cups in the fridge until they are all gone :)
If you give these vegan Snickers Cups a try I’d love to hear how they turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3