I had some oranges left, so I decided to make some cookies with them. These soft cakes turned out so orangy and fluffy, you won’t regret baking them.
Orange Soft Cakes
- 2 organic oranges with edible peel
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose-flour
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter EarthBalance, Alsan,...
- 3/4 cup vegan white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Zest one of the two oranges.
- Press the juice out of both oranges. (Don't throw away the leftovers, a future recipe uses exactly these!)
- Melt the butter in a small pot.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients, mix, and then add all liquid ingredients. Add also the orange zest & orange juice.
- Mix well and form little balls with your hands.
- Put them on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they starten to brown.
- Enjoy super soft and yummy orange soft cakes!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Orange Soft Cakes? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!