Ever wanted to make some vegan Crepes? Then you should try this simple recipe! I’ve filled mine with vegan hazelnut spread and bananas. Yumm!
My boyfriend was looking for a vegan alternative for Nutella in the stores for a while now and finally we found something! Of course, it is one of these super cheap brands. Oftentimes, the most inexpensive products are accidentally vegan. That’s great for me and for my wallet! :)
Although I’ve never cared for Nutella when growing up, I think I’m starting to get addicted to this stuff. So I had to try homemade vegan crepes with the hazelnut spread & bananas.
Crepe w/ Hazelnut spread & Bananas
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup vegan milk - I used unsweetened soy milk
- 1 banana - sliced
- hazelnut spread
- baking spray
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Stir to combine. Then add the coconut oil and vegan milk and whisk until smooth. It should be a runny batter. If it's too thick, add more milk.
- In a crepe pan or similar flat pan, spray the bottom with oil (and between each round) and bring it to medium-high heat.
- Add one soup ladle size of batter and tilt the pan lightly so that the batter is spreading over the whole bottom of the pan.
- The crepe will take about 1 minute, loosen the edges, flip it and let it cook on the other side for another minute or so.
- Take the crepe out, spread the hazelnut cream, add banana slices and fold it. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan crepes with hazelnut spread and bananas? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!