Vegan Cherry Chocolate Muffins
Make the most out of summer and use fresh fruits to make delicious muffins for friends and family. They'll all love these vegan Cherry Chocolate Muffins!
Servings 11 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour , sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil liquid
- 1 cup almond milk or your favorite plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate , divided
- 1 cup cherries , pitted and halved
- 11 whole cherries , pitted
Pre-heat oven to 360°F/180°C.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisk, then add in coconut oil, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
Fold in half of the chopped chocolate and the halved cherries.
Fill the muffin batter in muffin wrappers or use a lightly oiled muffin pan. Add the rest of the chopped chocolate and put a whole, pitted cherry on top of each muffin. Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden. Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.6mg