Mediterranean Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito
Recipe for a delicious Breakfast Burrito filled with Mediterranean Tofu Scramble, avocado, salad, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
Ingredients for the Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
- 1 1/2 cup firm tofu
- 3/4 teaspoon kala namak
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes , small chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
Rest of the ingredients for the burritos
- 2 Homemade Wheat Flour Tortillas (store-bought or make your own!)
- 1/2 avocado , peeled, de-seeded and cut in cubes
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper , cut in strips
- 10 cherry tomatoes , halved
- a few salad leaves
Heat the canola oil in large pan and scramble the tofu with your hands or use a fork to do so before adding it to the pan.
Add the curry powder, turmeric and kala namak. Mix well, so the tofu gets an even yellow color.
Keep it on medium high heat while stirring for about 5 minutes. Add more kala namak or spices to taste.
Add the small chopped sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil to the pan, heat it for about 2-3 minutes until hot.
Heat the tortillas in a pan until warm and soft.
Assembly time! Place a few salad leaves on the tortilla, add the bell pepper, avocado cubes, halved cherry tomatoes and mediterranean tofu scramble.
Fold in the sides and roll it in, then put it in an electric contact griller (or heat in a pan) to seal the edges. Cut in half & enjoy!
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1717mg | Potassium: 1338mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 57.1mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 5.5mg