Vegan Applesauce Pancakes
There's nothing better than a stack of fluffy pancakes on weekends! These vegan applesauce pancakes are quick & easy to make. No eggs and no bananas!
Servings 2 stacks à ~3 pancakes
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder + more to add on top
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce + more to add on top
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. oat milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup for drizzling on top
- 1 teaspoon canola oil for the pan
In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon powder, and baking powder. Whisk.
Add in the applesauce and plant-based milk. Whisk until incorporated. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add an ice cream scoop full or a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get about 6 pancakes out of the batter.
Stack the pancakes, top with more applesauce, cinnamon powder, and drizzle with maple syrup.
*If the batter spreads too much in the pan, whisk a bit more flour into the batter. If it doesn't spread enough, add a bit more plant-based milk.
Tips for making the perfect vegan pancakes:
- Flip the pancakes when you see small bubbles in the center.
- If your pancakes are golden brown on the outside but not cooked all the way through, reduce the heat!
- Not fluffy enough? Add more baking powder.
- If your pancakes stick to the pan, make sure you use a non-stick pan or griddle and to spray the pan with oil before adding the batter.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 415mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 3mg